the christmas holidays are my favorite time of the year. it's a time for family and a time for making memories, creating traditions and teaching our kids about slowing down and appreciating what they have. for me it's also a time for being home together, taking time to just be. this means jammies, board games, books, movies and the opportunity for me to fill our home with delicious food. yesterday was definitely one of those days. late night new years eve fun, left us sleeping in late and cleaning up after all our previous night fun. so i took the opportunity to make a yummy warm treat as a reward for the kids and my hard work. this yummy warm bread is an old and easy recipe. it is nothing fancy and not gourmet, but worth the smiles it receives from all who eat it. so here you go, make some memories and smiles of your own.
cinnamon apple sticky bread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 med apple (any kind) diced small
- heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- in large bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. separate dough into a total of 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters toss in bowl to coat. arrange in 1/2 of the quarters in pan. Mix brown sugar and butter and apples; pour 1/2 mixture over biscuit pieces. arrange rest of pieces in pan and pour rest of butter mixture over the top. place in oven and bake for 35 - 45 mins until all dough is cooked through. cool 10 mins and invert onto serving dish and enjoy!