Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Recently a friend had a recipe catastrophe...
Recipes are suppose to be fun not frustrating, my motto keep it simple and it will be delicious!!
I am posting this next recipe for her....
2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas baking soda
1/2 teas salt
1/2 cup of milk **
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 teas vanilla extract **
1 stick (8 Tblspns) unsalted butter, softened **
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine milk, oil and vanilla extract in a 2 cup measuring cup or a small bowl.
3. In another bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture in batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until blended.
5. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, which ever you prefer fill muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, 15-20 mins. Remove and cool before frosting with your favorite frosting.
** If you would like to infuse more vanilla flavor into your cupcakes, place milk in sauce pan and scrape the seeds out of one vanilla bean and place seeds and vanilla bean into milk. Bring milk to just a gentle simmer, remove from heat and cool. This will steep vanilla bean into milk. Remove been before adding to recipe.
For all of you with a love of cupcakes this is a simple, fun and classic recipe.