Thursday, February 18, 2010

monkeying around!



Nothing makes a child smile like cupcakes, and nothing will ever make me forget the smile on my son's 8th birthday when he saw the monkey cupcakes i made for him.
being born on valentine's day, usually means sharing with holiday school parties and a long holiday weekend where most people go away. sometimes it's hard to compete with crowds, schedules and all that goes with. so when asked what he wanted to do for his special day he informed me just a trip to the zoo with some friends and monkey cupcakes!
i guess it's not a strange request for the kid who's mom is known to all the kids and parents in the school as the cupcake lady, but monkeys? that was a new one for me. so i put my thinking cap on and came up with these cute little guys that were a huge hit.
the cupcakes where moist and yummy yellow cake and the frosting underneath a milk chocolate mousse, topped with a fondant monkey.
there were smiles all around and one very happy boy, who informed me at the end of the weekend of fun and sweets. "This was the best birthday ever!!!!!"




No comments: